Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Communication Error Canon Printer Mac Lion MX7600

OK this is widely known and heaven knows why it has not been fixed yet but I've noticed something. I always now get a can't print due to a communication error. Whenever I try and pint.

This worked for me.

I have a BTHH3, Canon MX7600 and Mac Mini with ML. I have a wired LAN connection direct with the router to the printer.

1) Reset the router by holding a pen in the rest button until it resets fully (wait about 20s) dont be tempted to use the BIG reset button as this also has problems.

2) Find your Printer IP address the printer will tell you it's LAN settings. Then open Safari and navigate to the Printer admin.

3) Fix your Printer IP to something like 192.168.1.10 and make sure it uses this and is not getting one automatically.

4) Again navigate to your new printer IP address in Safari which would be 192.168.1.10.

5) BOOKMARK this page

6) IF you print now 9 times out of 10 it will work as you just connected to the printer!!

Come tomorrow morning you may think I can print!! Wrong. :-)

Something somewhere is timing out. It maybe my printer is old and something broke or it maybe Lion or the router... Trouble is there are too many things to try and pinpoint the issue. However, for me when I print I always navigate to the bookedmarked printer IP admin page. Then printing will work fine each time! Be careful though I sent quite a long file to be printed once and it timedout halfway through!!

No idea why this worked but it did. No matter how many settings I tried to fix on my router etc still ended up not being able to print after a period of time. This works for me hope it will for you!!!

To recap:

7) Before printing navigate to 192.168.1.10 then hit print from the application.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 10:02 AM

There are no replies.

Communication Error Canon Printer Mac Lion MX7600

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.