Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My calendar on iCloud is missing most older events

My calendar on iCloud is missing all but recurring events that happened a year or more ago. I have therefore lost these events on my MacBook and Touch, too. I have an old backup of my calendar data, but it seems that if I use this to restore iCal on my MacBook, I'll lose all newer events. Can I merge the two backup files? When I tried to use an old backup to populate my calendar on the MacBook, I got an error message that it would wipe out the data now on my calendar. I want to merge the old data with newer events. Is there a workaround that will let me do this? I imagine this happened when I moved to iCloud, but it seems unlikely that I would not have looked for older events on my calendar (and found them missing) since then.

In addition to one iCal backup, I have Time Machine, which doesn't seem to allow you to look at older calendars, and a versioned backup to an external drive using Data Backup. I thought that one of these would let me look at old calendar data, but it's almost pointless if I can't merge the data or at least have a separate calendar for older data.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 11:32 AM

There are no replies.

My calendar on iCloud is missing most older events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.