Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail not working :(

Hi everyone, really complicated question here. Been working on it for DAYS. I got a new iPhone on the 28th on November, I set it up with my email account , 123-reg. however since then my 123-reg account has stopped working on my mac mail, whereas outlook works fine. I think this eliminates the possibility of it being a problem with my provider, BT and we had a technician out today who also said it must be a problem with the mac, I have 2 macs and my 123-reg account doesn't work on mac mail , does on outlook mac and on my pc. Here's where it gets really tricky, it works if I connect to another network, non BT I can send emails from mail fine, with no problem........... Contacted apple directly and they're stumped, I am beyond hope, just hope someone has prior knowledge?

Cheers

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3), iCloud

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 1:37 PM

23 replies

Dec 7, 2012 3:41 PM in response to rossfromcomber

All very strange. I've had a handful issues in the past with sending Mail but has usually been resolved very quickly either just by itself or by a simple switch off of the router. It's probably worth talking to BT although they'll just go through your set up.

It's probably worth trying to set up another account in Mail...either a duplicate or a separate address if you have another.

Ben

Apple mail not working :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.