Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can´t connects an apple remote control to my macbook pro retina

help me with this problem, i can´t connects an apple remote control with my new macbook pro retina display 15 inchs.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.0.1, 15"

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 2:51 PM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2012 3:00 PM in response to @vjcarlex

You are still under warranty. Call Apple Care. Make sure you get a case number as all repairs have an additional 90 days of warranty.

#1 - You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your computer with no questions asked.

#2 - You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support.

#3 - You have the standard one year Apple warranty.

#4 - If you've purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan, your warranty last for 3 years. You can obtain AppleCare anytime up to the first year of the purchase of your computer. Take FULL advantage of your warranty.

Posting on a message board should be done as a last resort and if you are out of warranty or Apple Care has expired.

User uploaded file

Dec 7, 2012 9:30 PM in response to @vjcarlex

The Retina models do not have an infrared (IR) receiver, so they cannot "see" the Apple Remote Control.

See note 1 in sanjampet's first link ("Some Macs do not include a built-in infrared (IR) receiver. Computers without an IR receiver can instead work with the Remote application for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Check your Mac's documentation, or look in System Profiler (within the USB section) to see if your Mac includes an IR receiver.").

i can´t connects an apple remote control to my macbook pro retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.