Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to sync my iPhone to my new computer WITHOUT having to delete all the music files.

Note: I have 41 gb of music, and I used an external drive to transfer that music to my new computer, so that the libraries are an EXACT match. Now, I only have 14 gb of music on my iPhone. How do I sync my iPhone to the new computer WITHOUT having to delete the music already on my phone? Yes, I know I have copies of the music, so I can put it back if it's wiped, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is, I only have 14 gb of music I want on there. I don't want to have to spend hours going through and manually picking which songs to re-add. Can I sync my phone to my new computer without having to wipe the drive?

Also: I tried backing up to iCloud from the OLD computer, and then restoring that backup from the new one, and the new computer doesn't even recognize that I've backed anything up to iCloud.

I really hope someone can help me.

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 3:22 PM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2012 4:07 PM in response to Appletini6

I've done that. As I said in original post, the libraries for the two computers are IDENTICAL. Every song that is on my iPhone is already in my music library on my new computer. THERE IS NO SONG ON MY PHONE THAT IS NOT ON MY COMPUTER, but it still wants to erase all my files. I have 41 gb of music, but I only want 14 gb on my phone. I don't want to have to manually select every song I want to re-add, but it's really looking like that's my only option.

I want to sync my iPhone to my new computer WITHOUT having to delete all the music files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.