Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded Dragon Express and now it won't open. It says it is INSTALLED but it won't open when clicked. Tried to trash it and start over but won't let me trash because it says it is open. But it isn't! Called mac help and they can't help either.

I downloaded Dragon Express and think that it did not completely complete the download. However, it says that it has been installed and my account has been charged 50.00. However, when I click on the icon, it will not open. I have tried everything from restarting, trashing the app, but it continues to tell me that I cna't trash the app because it is open. I called apple support and they worked with me for about 30 minutes until they finally told me that the call had to end regardless of the fact that after all of their efforts, the problem was not resolved. He gave me a link to get a refund and said it was easy to navigate however, it led me nowhere. So now I am stuck with a worthless app, that does not work and a 50.00 bill to pay because I can't get support or link support to get a refund and even if I could get a refund I still have the Dragon express on my computer that does not work!!! HELP! I don't know how the app can be open when even support could not figure it out! When I restart, the finder window opens where it never did before.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 3:05 PM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2012 8:05 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

My case number is 382797864 from apple support. Prior to communicating with you, I was on the phone with support and went through a multitude of steps to get rid of the Dragon Express app. None worked and the person I was talking to couldn't figure it out. So, now I have you. I have done everything you recommended, even took a screen shot of the crash report and the report said that it would not open because ther is no such file. At some point during the installation of dragon during the set up which I completed, I clicked "open at start up". When I start up the finder window opens. Prior to your suggestion, I went to make sure it was installed and when I did it said "installed" not "resume". It will not let me trash the whole thing again because it says the file is open. I did the "~/library/containers step and it again would not let me delete folder because it says the file is open. My computer is not connected to any other devices.

Dec 8, 2012 10:07 PM in response to edieeason

Well first of all this is a public forum, so keep that in mind. The users here generally can not look up your case numbers.

If AppleCare didn't work out for you, I believe your next step is

iTunes Store Support

http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Unfortunately, their case indexing is on a different database, and they will not be able to look up your case number either. However, their support is free, and despite it may take a few bounces of emails back and forth, there is a decent chance they may be able to get a solution.

Or... you can still try to shoot the **** with us here, which is Ok as well. But you'll have to keep in mind we can't look up your case numbers.

By the way, the link for a refund, I think is for the same link I just gave you, so on second though, mabye it's best to just go there.

I downloaded Dragon Express and now it won't open. It says it is INSTALLED but it won't open when clicked. Tried to trash it and start over but won't let me trash because it says it is open. But it isn't! Called mac help and they can't help either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.