Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to buy a photo book in Aperture

I have seen a few dIfferent problems with people being unable to buy photo albums/books from aperture but my case seems a little different.

So I have made my book, I can preview it up fine. When I click on buy book and sign in with my apple ID it come up asking me to create a new account (which It seems to do with most people). That is fine as long as I change the security question and answer it lets me log in further and it already has my correct payment info locked in. It then asks me for the billing address and shipping address, after I have entered this info and press continue it comes up with 'please try again' in red letters.

I have read from other peoples experiences that apple can be very vague about what the problems are. (I have read posts where these same problems were happening 5 years ago, seems ridiculas that they haven't ben fixed yet)

I am from australia, and my apple account should also be from there as well but I am currently in canada and trying to get the book sent to Australia. Im not sure if apple is picking up my location and that is having any affect on it?

Thanks all.

Aperture 3

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 4:58 PM

6 replies

Dec 7, 2012 5:26 PM in response to cameron.fbell

t I am currently in canada and trying to get the book sent to Australia. Im not sure if apple is picking up my location and that is having any affect on it?

The AppleID you are using to buy the book, must be tied to the location of the store where you are ordering the book from. Is your AppleID associated with an australian address? And are you placing the order at the Australian store? The Canadian store will not shiptoAustralia, see these policies: http://www.apple.com/internetservices/terms/sales_policies.html

Also set the "Region" in the language & Text preferences to "Australia", while you are ordering.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 8, 2012 1:39 PM in response to cameron.fbell

Apple is checking, if your password and answers to the security questions are conforming to the security standards. If your passwors is to simple, or your answers to the security questions less than six characters , the order will not go through.

See this page: Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account

If necessary you can change your password or/and your AppleID from this page: http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/

Regards

P.S: I am still using an Apple ID that does not have the form of an email address, just my last nane, and it is working for purchases. The proper password seems to be more important.

Dec 8, 2012 2:20 PM in response to léonie

Thank you very much Leonie!

I have been trying for weeks.

So turns out when it brings up the screen that tells me to make a new apple account (still not sure why it does that), I was changing the security question because it wouldnt let me keep the old one. But it wouldnt let me keep the old one because the answer was shorter than 6 letters.

Tank you again and I hope apple realise how much grief this is causing people, it seems like it would be very easy to notify people on what they are doing wrong.

Dec 8, 2012 2:32 PM in response to cameron.fbell

You are welcome, Cameron!

I hope your book will be beautifully printed after all this trouble 🙂

Tank you again and I hope apple realise how much grief this is causing people, it seems like it would be very easy to notify people on what they are doing wrong.

That would really help. But I can understand that Apple is very cautious after the recent theft of AppleIDs.

You may want to send feedback to Apple and report a usuability problem:

Apple - Aperture - Feedback

It cannot be in Apple's interest, that it is nearly impossible to buy a book.

Regards

Léonie

Unable to buy a photo book in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.