Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Monitor Not Working

Ive conected my second monitor (hp 2010i) to my 27'' iMac running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 via a Mini-Display to VGA adaptor, it was working a few weeks ago, but it sudenly stopped working. The monitor is recognised by the OS. However, all I see is a black screen on the second monitor.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:26 PM

8 replies

Dec 13, 2012 12:56 PM in response to NewLineProductionz

I have exactly the same problem, my monitor is LG Full HD. Everything was just fine and suddenly stop working. It is not sending signal anymore.

I contacted apple support, but they told me this could be related a hardware issue.

I did all they possible workarounds I found here in forums and nothing worked, I restarted the PVRAM and all that stuff support told me to press on start. But the issue persist.

Any ideas or what should we do?

Dec 15, 2012 12:40 PM in response to NewLineProductionz

As a friendly hint, b*tching or threatening does not impress anyone here, we are all users just like you.

Why blame Apple immediately if something outside your Mac stops working? Of course, it can be hardware related: It can be the monitor itself, it can be the cable connection including adapter.

It can be as simple as the monitor being set to the wrong input and waiting e.g. for an HDMI or so signal... you wouldn't be the first and will certainly not be the last having overlooked that. Guess what, it could be that its mains power plug is out of the wall... 😉

If you have checked everything regarding monitor and wiring, including trying it with the same cables and adapters on a different computer (even PC is okay), then please let us know again here.

Thank you.

Apr 25, 2013 5:45 AM in response to NewLineProductionz

Same problem:

Mac mini using mdp for main monitor and hdmi to dvi cable for second monitor. All working fine until recent "upgrade" in OSX. Hdmi port quit, doesn't show up in "settings". I have tried all alterternatives including shut down monitor, shut down computer, change monitors, switching cables. etc. No joy.

I visit support and all I see is many people with the same problem but no solutions. How does Apple support work?

Second Monitor Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.