Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What basic softwares does MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.pkg include?

My original OS that came with the iMAC was 10.5.2. The iMAC also included some basic softwares such as iMovie (simple version).

I just updated my iMAC OS using MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.pkg. But I do not see iMovie after I updated OS. What are the basic softwares that are included in MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.pkg? Anywhere I can find those basic softwares if MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.pkg does not include them?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 10:46 PM

This package updates all the Mac OS X applications and extensions updated from 10.5 to 10.5.8, but it doesn't update other apps like iPhoto, iMovie or others third-party programs. iMovie should appear in another package and in Software Update if there's an update for iMovie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2012 10:46 PM in response to Ypmei

This package updates all the Mac OS X applications and extensions updated from 10.5 to 10.5.8, but it doesn't update other apps like iPhoto, iMovie or others third-party programs. iMovie should appear in another package and in Software Update if there's an update for iMovie

What basic softwares does MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.pkg include?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.