Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert any video-files to audio-files using Applescript?

Hi, when you are in finder you can right-click on a video to choose the option encode. From there you can choose an option: only audio. I want to use this in applescripting to automate things but I searched for three months now and I can't seem to find out how. I searched the web, the applescript dictionary,... but without results.

I would be very happy if anyone can tell me how. Wether you can give me a link or you can directly say how, then please do so.

thanks in advance,

Kanti Kuijk

Applescript-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 10:45 AM

That service uses an Automator workflow. You can use the Encode Media action in a workflow (which can also contain AppleScripts), or use an AppleScript to control the Quicktime Player application that the action uses.

1 reply

How do I convert any video-files to audio-files using Applescript?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.