Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A dvd has stuck in my macbook and it won't come out.

As you can read in de title, I tried to watch a movie, so I put the DVD in my MacBook, but it won't come out. I have tried everything, the eject button, the Terminal commands, starting up with the mouse butten holded. But nothing worked. I hope maybe you can help me, otherwise I would need to go to the Apple Store, 200 km away... Btw: I've got a normal MacBook running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and the DVD in it is a legal movie.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 5:41 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2012 7:31 AM in response to DavidSchouten

Does the DVD start to come out and then gets sucked back in and reappears on the desktop? I had that happen with a MacBook. It turned out that the metal case behind the plastic cover above the slot was slightly bent down. When the CD tried to eject it would hit the metal and get pulled back in. Putting a flat blade screwdriver in the slot and gently twisting it to move the metal case up allowed it to eject. Don't put it in too far you only want to bend the case not the drive.
The case can get bent down by picking it up with your thumb pressing down on the case above the slot.

A dvd has stuck in my macbook and it won't come out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.