Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a data plan

I would like an ipad mini for christmas but my mom wants to know if I need a Data Plan? If I do What does it cost?

iPad

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:26 AM

No you do not need a data plan. You can use your iPad with wifi. As to cost of a data plan, contact your plan provider or look at their web site.

2 replies

Dec 8, 2012 10:13 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

It depends on the type of Mini you want to get.

If you get a Wifi only iPad Mini the you don't need a data Plan, as it would connect through your Wifi Internet connection at home, or even at School.

If you get a Wifi + Cellular iPad then it can suport a Data Plan but its not necessarry, though if you don;t use it you would just be spending more money on the iPad since they are more expensive than Wifi only models.

As to what it costs, only your Cellular provider can tell you that. They are the ones that hand out the Data Plans for them. you'd need to talk say AT&T or Sprint or whoever else is your Cell Data provider of choice.

Do I need a data plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.