Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authorize new computer for iTunes

Only one computer is authorized to play content purchased with my Apple ID. That computer crashed so I am unable to deauthorize that computer. How do I authorize my new computer for iTunes?

Thanks,

Ron

Windows 8

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 10:11 AM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2012 10:13 AM in response to papamurtagh

About De-authorizing Computers (contributed by user John Galt)

You can de-authorize individual computers, but only by using those computers. The only other option is to "de-authorize all" from your iTunes account.

1. Open iTunes on a computer

2. From the Store menu, select "View my Account..."

3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

4. Under "Computer Authorizations" select "De-authorize All".

5. Authorize each computer you still have, as you may require.

You may only do this once per year.

After you "de-authorize all" your authorized computers, re-authorize each one as required.

If you have de-authorized all computers and need to do it again, but your year has not elapsed, then contact: Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us.

Also, see iTunes Store- About authorization and deauthorization.

Jul 5, 2015 4:04 PM in response to Kappy

I seen your answer and I am having the same type of issue however after I deauthorized all 5 computers I try to authorize and it keeps giving me a message that Itunes cannot authorize it due to a problem, it a lot says to try again in a few mins. Ive tried over 3 times already yet it still wont work for me. Would you have an idea on what I can do?

authorize new computer for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.