Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with EFI Update 2.9

Hi,

I have this strange issue where I can never complete the EFU Update 2.9. I have tried running it from the AppStore, downloading and isntalling it manually, reparing my permissions and so on .... None of this helped me so I am asking for some help.

Now there is a new Thunderbolt update and I can`t install it either but I think if I fix one then the there should be no problems with the other.

My specs:

MBP 13" 2012

16 GB RAM (added after purchase)

128 GB SSD (added after pruchase; cloned my drive using some app I can`t really recall the name of)

If anybody can help I would really appreciate it 🙂

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:40 AM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2012 1:26 PM in response to mende1

I have tried downloading and installing the update manually but no luck. I see no errors - it downloads the update, starts the installation (logs me off and gets me to the screen where it install it), then the laptop restarts and when I open App Store -> Updates the update is there and this can repeat infinite ...

Problem with EFI Update 2.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.