Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing font setting

How do you change the font setting? I know how to do that on a case-by-case basis, but that's only temporary. I want the change to be until I decide to change it again.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:47 AM

11 replies

Dec 8, 2012 12:56 PM in response to baltwo

baltwo wrote:

Font setting for what? Details will help.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question. Don't think I'm trying to be smart, but since I don't understand you, I'm going to go into more detail that you might need or want. I have an iMac,and I use OS 10.8.2 . When I want to send a message by E-mail, I use MAIL, the Apple E-mail program. I can change the font type and size, but the setting I choose is only temporary. I want to be able to change the font type and size permanently, or at least until I change it again.

Dec 8, 2012 2:06 PM in response to TildeBee

~Bee wrote:

So, you're talking about changing the font in Mail, not system-wide, or in Safari.

Just Open Mail, go to the Mail preferences and choose "Fonts & Colors."

You can make all your font changes there.

Well, I've already mentioned--twice--that I am familiar with that short-time fix, but that I'm looking for a permanent change. What you're talking about is only good for one letter. I don't know what more I can say.

Dec 8, 2012 2:26 PM in response to Niku

Well, I'm at a loss then, because that's how I change mine.

And my choice stays for months, until I want a change.

Are you sure you're going to the main MAIL dropdown, then selecting Preferences?

I know that you can change one letter's fonts, but that is done within the Mail pane, when you click "new mail" or "Reply." There's a font button there, and that lasts for that one letter.

Here's are screenshots:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 8, 2012 2:31 PM in response to TildeBee

HI,

Following in from ~Bee

Permanent in Messages

User uploaded file

Set Background Colour to Other and then choose Font and it's colour for the Text.

For Temp stuff during a Chat.

User uploaded file

I.e use the Format Menu > Show Fonts and Show Colours.

The Mail > Format Menu and the Mail Menu > Preferences > Fonts and Colours do the same temp and permanent jobs in Mail.

User uploaded file
10:31 PM Saturday; December 8, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Dec 8, 2012 2:52 PM in response to TildeBee

First off, I have to say that I had intended to click on "Solved" rather than "helped". i still think I did, but there's no arguing wih a computer. Next, since you style yourself a "Fontaholic," you can probably answer a question that has long bothered me. Are you gambling when you select an uncommon, even rare or bizarre, font? By this I simply mean that isn't there a good possibility that the receiving computer will be unfamiiar with the font you have selected, and that the recipient will only see undecipherable garbage on his screen?

Dec 8, 2012 3:25 PM in response to Niku

Niku --

No problems.

As to your font question, as long as the fonts you choose are "legit," not "free," you'll be fine. All those free fonts are in fact pirated basic builds of good fonts, using short cuts to build one that looks like a different font. Bi-passing creating the original build of the font ought to be a crime. Because it messes with your good fonts, and is often substituted for real fonts.

Adobe fonts are fine, and all of the font sites that charge, are generally fine. Avoid the free ones like the plague.

Dec 10, 2012 11:37 AM in response to TildeBee

Hi,

I did not mean to sweep in and grab the "Correct". (Not that we are worried about the actual points.)

Anyway, User uploaded file for the Points User uploaded file

User uploaded file
7:36 PM Monday; December 10, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Changing font setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.