Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 displays plugged in but not charging

Hi, my iPhone 4 [32 GB] displays the plugged in icon but its not charging, it sometimes does charges, 3 days ago I removed the cover it had and conected to the Mac and it showed the apple logo, before that it was flatted out with no charge at all and just displayed the red battery logo, but after I fully carged it it happened again and it didn't charged, I've read almost every thread about this but none help, At first the one that says to reboot your mac while charging works, it did worked for me, but right now the iPhone is at 6% for almost 13 hours, and it doesn't goes above than that, it was at 9% but I thought that if I let it discharge at least 3% it would charge then, but no use on that, something that seemed to work for me to charge it yesterday was to turn off everything putting it on Airplane Mode, but it ain't working no more, I've cleaned all the dust on the charging port, and still no use, I've also tried restoring 3 times and nothing, also did the reboot thing and nothing, so

What can I do to fix this?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 12:38 PM

6 replies

Dec 8, 2012 1:15 PM in response to brad805

Right now I'm in Dominican Republic, but I'll be in NY by 15th so I must get thru this 1 week, btw, right now it says it's charging it's at 14% I dont't believe its a faulty charger as I use it (the adaptor) to charge my mom's iPad, Blackberry 9360, iPod Nano 6th Gen & iPhone 2G, and all the other devices charges correctly, I'm more into the theory of the faulty battery

iPhone 4 displays plugged in but not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.