Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 AT&T

My iphone 4 AT&T 32gb will not obtain cell service. The sim card is being recognized (phone does not say"sim not found"). Went to apple store, they diagnosed, updated, reset and still no luck. They offered me replacement phone for 149.99 since I'm out of warranty.

Also went to at&t store to get known working sim card and it still doesn't get cell service.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thank you!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 4:59 PM

Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings. if that doesn't resolve the problem call AT&T and ask them to "reprovision" your account. If neither fixes it you probably need a new phone.

Alternate scenario: Your phone is hacked or jailbroken, or was before you upgraded. If that's the case you are probably out of luck.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2012 4:59 PM in response to bobd427

Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings. if that doesn't resolve the problem call AT&T and ask them to "reprovision" your account. If neither fixes it you probably need a new phone.

Alternate scenario: Your phone is hacked or jailbroken, or was before you upgraded. If that's the case you are probably out of luck.

My iphone 4 AT&T

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.