Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me decide to keep my new ipod

Have had the Ipod Touch (5 I guess) for a few weeks. Just started really using it the last few days.

This is my first time using an Apple anything since an Apple II computer.

Maybe the lack of experience is the problem.

I decided to watch my vast video collection on my ipod. Nope, none of my .avi files will play. I will NOT spend hours converting Red Dwarf episodes into mp4 when I just want to load them and go out the door. Ok, found how to get around that with Goodplayer.

Screen Brightness

None of the video players I've tried seem to lack a brightness setting. I have to exit the movie, go to settings, adjust the brightness, restart the video player (wichever one I've tried mediaplahyer, goodplayer, oplayer etc) then do it all over again if the brightness isn't right. Is there a player that does this? Seems like a monumental pain the way I've been doing it.

Audiobooks/podcasts/just plain audio

- Default audio player only has 3 playback speeds (1/2x, 1x, 2x).

Is there a player with more playback speeds? I like to listen to my lectures and other audio files at 1.25-1.5x quite a lot of the time. Not music but presentatiions, lectures and informational audiobooks. 2x is too fast. How can I do this? Do I need to buy ANOTHER program or maybe some trick in iOS I don't know about?

- Equalizer. Some of those recorded lectures and presentations are lousy quality and tweaking the EQ settings makes them much easier to understand. Don't see any EQ settings in the default music player.

Those are the two things I really have isssue with right now. Some people will have a problem seeing why they are an issue but for ME they are. My cheap $30 2 year old mp3 player has EQ settings and variable playback speed but my $300 ipod is stumped when I ask it to do this. Again my ignorace or iOS limitation I don't know wich is why I'm asking.

I'm sure there will be more but for now that's what's keeping me from not returning it. I know I can do this in Android but I heard so much about Apple polish on the iOS that I figure I'm missing something.

Some reasons I really want to keep the ipod: I like the size. Big screens are great to look at but not for me to carry. I really like the camera and front facing camera. There probably are Android phones (I don't want phone service but will use it as a media player) with a good camera and a nice front facing but there are so MANY to choose from that after looking for the last 3 hours I haven't found anything with all the features with good reviews.

Thanks in advance.

Danneauxs

Windows XP

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 5:26 PM

There are no replies.

Help me decide to keep my new ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.