Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook loses descriptions when shared from iPhoto 9.4.2

When I share individual photos or photo albums from iPhoto latest (9.4.2) to Facebook all descriptions are lost (other than album description); I know this was working a few months ago so not sure what's up now. I found a few older support threads, but nothing recent of relevance. I did temporarily delete the iPhoto app in Facebook, but no change.

Without being able to automatically transfer/update descriptions it gets to be a big pain. Ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim P.

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 10:27 PM

4 replies

Feb 18, 2013 1:36 PM in response to qfieldboden

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to abandon the "official" share button for uploading to facebook, too much trouble. It's been causing iPhoto to crash and also you have to put the photo description into the title field in order to get it to appear on facebook which is useless. From here on I'm going to enter the descriptions in iPhoto in the correct field (descriptions) and use the file->export option and the settings below to export the files which I'll then upload to facebook using the facebook uploader, at least that way I end up with no crashes and I get the description field in iPhoto filled in correctly and the description data uploaded to facebook.

It shouldn't be necessary to do it this way, but it is.

User uploaded file

I've no idea what that will do with faces information, nothing I suppose, I'll try it out 😢

Facebook loses descriptions when shared from iPhoto 9.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.