Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i restore my iPhone from an older back-up?

Hi there,

Recently, my iPhone 4 was restored by Apple. When I plugged my iPhone in to iTunes it automatically synced and did a back-up. It then restored my phone with the apps and music that were on my phone at the time of the last back-up, however not with the contacts or photos.

Is there any possible way to restore my iPhone with the photos and contacts that were on my phone at the time of the last back-up? Is there a way to restore your iPhone from an older back-up (not the latest one)? Please help!! PLEASE!!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 10:55 PM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2012 11:14 PM in response to AnaMusic

Hi AnaMusic,

Thanks for your reply. I don't really understand your answer though. I plugged my iPhone into iTunes with the intention of restoring from my latest back-up as I have lost all my photos and contacts on my phone. However, when I plugged it in it automatically did a sync and a back-up. Now when I click restore from back-up it just restores to what I have on my iPhone now, because that was the latest back-up (it did it automatically). Do you understand what I mean?

What I am wondering is whether or not I am able to restore my contacts and photos from my last iTunes back-up (before today's one)?

Thanks.

P.S - My photos and contacts did not save to Address Book and iPhoto if that helps.

How can i restore my iPhone from an older back-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.