Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i restore my iPhone from an older back-up?

Hi there,

Recently, my iPhone 4 was restored by Apple. When I plugged my iPhone in to iTunes it automatically synced and did a back-up. It then restored my phone with the apps and music that were on my phone at the time of the last back-up, however not with the contacts or photos.

Is there any possible way to restore my iPhone with the photos and contacts that were on my phone at the time of the last back-up? Is there a way to restore your iPhone from an older back-up (not the latest one)? Please help!! PLEASE!!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 11:05 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2012 8:26 AM in response to donatz99

Restore the device again, when prompted to restore as new or from backup select from backup. iTunes will then prompt with the available backup options to restore from.

Sounds like you may have elected to not use the device as designed.

Contacts are designed to be synced to a supported application on the computer or a cloud service. If this had been done it would be a simply matter of syncing the back.

Relying on an iPhone for sole storage of pictures/videos is extremely unintelligent. Like with all digital cameras, pictures/videos taken with the device should be copied off the device to a computer regularly to ensure they are not permanently lost in the event the device is lost/stolen or simply fails.

How can i restore my iPhone from an older back-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.