I want to change the software on my Macbook to OS X Loion (10.5.8.) because the old software is Mac OS X (10.5.8.) make my macbook very slow.
Firstly it depends on whether you Mac can runMountain Lion.
Your Mac must be one of the following models:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
If you are running Lion, you can find out if your current Mac qualifies by clicking the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choosing About This Mac, then clicking More Info.
You should at least be able to Upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6 by purchasing the DVD disk and installing it, then Update it online at Apple Support to 10.6.8.
Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard - Technical Specifications
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1GB of memory
- 5GB of available disk space
- DVD drive for installation
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
Hope this helps