Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop iTunes downloading artwork?

After downloading iTunes 11 I noticed that iTunes went ahead and downloaded a bunch of missing artwork for some of my albums. Call me picky but I'd chosen to leave these items without artwork, and so I deleted it. No matter how many times I do this, and by what method, iTunes keeps adding artwork to these albums.

I've made sure that 'Automatically download album artwork' is unticked in Preferences > Store.

I've even unticked 'Use custom colours for open albums...' in Preferences > General in case that was overriding my choice of no album artwork.

I've tried both manually deleting the artwork using 'Get Info' from the context menu, and 'Clear Downloaded Artwork' from the same menu, without any luck.

A little more unnecessary detail: these are largely albums of various songs by an artist that I don't want an 'album' image applied to since they are not albums per se. For example, this collection of Arcade Fire b-sides which iTunes keeps adding the Hunger Games album artwork to since that's where one of the tracks originated:

User uploaded file

Any and all help appreciated.

iTunes 11-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:36 AM

Could it be something with iTunes-Match/iCloud ??

I've had problems getting "Hide items in the Cloud" and iCloud tick-boxes in View Options to stick.

An occaisional glance at similar topics on these forums seems to indicate that people are having all sorts of funnies. So, I have severed iTunes from the net (I have Little Snitch) and will wait until things clear up before letting iTunes out of it's kennel again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2012 3:36 AM in response to alphabet

Could it be something with iTunes-Match/iCloud ??

I've had problems getting "Hide items in the Cloud" and iCloud tick-boxes in View Options to stick.

An occaisional glance at similar topics on these forums seems to indicate that people are having all sorts of funnies. So, I have severed iTunes from the net (I have Little Snitch) and will wait until things clear up before letting iTunes out of it's kennel again.

How can I stop iTunes downloading artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.