Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extend history in safari

How do I extend the history function in Safari on the Pad? It's not a serious browsing tool if I have to bookmark everything on the off chance I might want to return to it over a week later.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:27 AM

You cannot extend the history in the Safari browser on the iPad. There is no setting to do that.

There are many other browsers in the App Store that offer much more functionality than Safari. Atomic, Mercury, Chrome, Opera Mini, Dolphin and my favorite browser - iCab Mobile, you can extend the history and do much, much more with iCab Mobile.

Check it out and look for other browsers in the App Store that will better suit your needs.

BTW .... You can add items to the reading list in Safari for offline reading as well so you don't have to necessarily add the sites as bookmarks. Tap the open book icon next to the URL field and select Add to Reading List from the pop up window.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2012 5:27 AM in response to Angelsbliss

You cannot extend the history in the Safari browser on the iPad. There is no setting to do that.

There are many other browsers in the App Store that offer much more functionality than Safari. Atomic, Mercury, Chrome, Opera Mini, Dolphin and my favorite browser - iCab Mobile, you can extend the history and do much, much more with iCab Mobile.

Check it out and look for other browsers in the App Store that will better suit your needs.

BTW .... You can add items to the reading list in Safari for offline reading as well so you don't have to necessarily add the sites as bookmarks. Tap the open book icon next to the URL field and select Add to Reading List from the pop up window.

Extend history in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.