Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

memory requiremtents for Snow leopard

I know SL needs 1 Gb of memory. My question is how much more of my free memory will it consume. I am fine now with my 1GB but am close to the point where I might do well to add another Gb. Not so close that I should anyway, but if SL is going to take another chunk of what I have left, I would like to know.

Thanks

ROn

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 12:57 PM

it is always advisable to have more than the minimum requirements to run an operating system. I would strongly recommend upgrading your ram before you upgrade your OS.

2 replies

Dec 9, 2012 2:00 PM in response to plastermaster

I agree with shldr2thewheel. When it comes to RAM, there's no such thing as too much. My MacBook2,1 has 4GB installed (3GB usable). I ran with 2GB for years, but when I started using Parallels Desktop regularly for localization work, the extra GB came in VERY handy.

At the end of the day, it's mostly about the applications you use. Memory is cheap. The best advice I can give is to always put in as much as you can.

memory requiremtents for Snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.