Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated "Your iCloud Session has expired" messages

There has never been an iCloud account on the iMac. Now, with iTunes 11, we are getting repeated "Your iCloud Session Has Expired" messages. I found a year old thread about this which suggested that clearing Safari cookies would clear up the problem. But, this does not seem to work now.

Has anybody seen this problem?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 6:57 AM

6 replies

Dec 9, 2012 9:43 AM in response to davek0974

There is a solution here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3504041?start=0&tstart=0

Funny, that didn't work for me so I hit "Reset Password" (I tried 3 x's and was offered the chance to change my password) on the warning and it brought me to a page to reset my APPLE ID PASSWORD, which is different from my iCloud password.

I entered that and all is well!

So much for trying to have different passwords :-) Doesn't Apple check these things?

Sep 15, 2013 8:38 AM in response to dfilpus

I solved this issue today and finally made the iCloud sign-in prompt go away, after just being too lazy to do anything other than click on "cancel" every time the iCloud box popped up on my screen for months. While I have a Sony VAIO desktop, I can't imagine the solution is any different if using a Mac computer, since iTunes is just another site/program accessed from the Web.

At some point, you probably forgot that you said "yes" to joining the Cloud when Apple added this feature to iTunes. Unfortunately, every time thereafter, it will ask you to sign in to iCloud, with the prompt that "your session has expired." All you need to do is sign in to iTunes and go to your Account Information. There is a section there called "iTunes in the Cloud", and all you need to do is decline/unsubscribe from this feature. You will still be prompted to sign in to iTunes for purchases, but the iCloud prompts will go away.

Also, someone on a discussion thread about this issue complained that iCloud mysteriously "stole" all of their music and put it in the Cloud. But at least as of today, you would need to pay $24.99 to store your music in the Cloud. So it's unlikely that iTunes did this on its own, since it appears to be an upgrade they require people to pay for and subscribe on an ongoing basis.

Hope this helps!

Oct 26, 2015 4:08 PM in response to PinkGala

I know this is an old thread but PinkGala, your solution is something I haven't seen, tried, and failed with yet so I'd like to ask you a question. I tried going to Account Information and I see "iTunes in the Cloud" but there is no option to decline it. iTunes Match underneath it is something I can and have declined, but I'm not seeing an option for the cloud. I use Windows, I've never willingly used the cloud, Match, Genius, or any of that. What setting are you talking about exactly?

Repeated "Your iCloud Session has expired" messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.