Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Padlock will not turn black in mail. Encryption fails even with proper certificates in Keychain access

I have signed trusted certificates in both the sending and the receiving units, and although I can send digitally signed emails, I cannot enable the black padlock icon to send enrypted email. I have tried to creat all types of certificates in keychain access but have failed. I have created my own certificate authorities as well as requesting authorities from comodo. How can I enable the black padlock icon?

Mail-OTHER

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:35 AM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2012 2:07 PM in response to MrHoffman

The problem persists even when the target user has been sent a certificate, verified it as trusted , has sent back a return email and the returned sign certificate lists under certificates in the sender keychain access. After restarting Mail and starting a new outgoing message, the padlock icon remains grey and is not clickable. I am running 10.8.2, but I think the problem might not relate to this particular version.

Padlock will not turn black in mail. Encryption fails even with proper certificates in Keychain access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.