Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it legal to install and run Parallels Desktop 8 on more than one Mac that I own for personal use?

I run Windows 7 on my old MacBook Pro using Parallels Desktop 8. Am I licensed to use the same Parallels software to run Windows 8 on my new MacBook Air?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, 32GB, White

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 8:45 AM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2012 8:56 AM in response to Norwegian Forest Cat

According to the Parallels Desktop for Mac licensing policy the answer is no.

In accordance with the End User License Agreement terms and conditions, a Parallels Desktop for Mac retail license can only be used for activation of Parallels Desktop for Mac on a single Mac machine.

Note:In order to use Parallels Desktop for Mac on several Mac machines, you need to purchase the corresponding number of licenses.

Dec 9, 2012 8:59 AM in response to Norwegian Forest Cat

You'll probably get a more definitive answer if you ask on Parallels support page. In general, though, if you install an application on more than one system, you have to pay for it again. Note that this is not true of all applications, so you should read the licensing agreement that came with Parallels and / or ask them.

Best of luck.

Is it legal to install and run Parallels Desktop 8 on more than one Mac that I own for personal use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.