Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've just bought Batman 'The Dark Knight Rises' and then noticed I could have bought the Bundle!

I've just bought Batman 'The Dark Knight Rises' and then noticed I could have bought the 3 Nolan films as a bundle for a really good price. If I buy the bundle will my DKR purchase be offset against the bundle price a bit like when you 'complete my album' in music?

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:22 AM

Hi, I had the same question and I just asked the "iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support" this question. They basically said that if I purchased "The Dark Knight Trilogy" I would be charged for all three movies, even though I have previously bought the two of the three movies.

It appears that movie bundles doesn't work like "complete my album" for music. If you purchased recently, you could try explaining the situation to the iTunes Support staff and seeing if they will remove "the Dark Knife Rises" by giving you store credit, then you can purchase the Trilogy instead. It could be worth a try.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2012 8:22 AM in response to oooobanana

Hi, I had the same question and I just asked the "iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support" this question. They basically said that if I purchased "The Dark Knight Trilogy" I would be charged for all three movies, even though I have previously bought the two of the three movies.

It appears that movie bundles doesn't work like "complete my album" for music. If you purchased recently, you could try explaining the situation to the iTunes Support staff and seeing if they will remove "the Dark Knife Rises" by giving you store credit, then you can purchase the Trilogy instead. It could be worth a try.

Dec 17, 2012 12:57 PM in response to Reaper101

Hi, Apple support were brilliant. They are unconditionally refunding me the purchase of the Dark Knight Rises so I can purchase the bundle. Apple support specifically didn't answer my question about bundles being offset against previous iTunes purchases but it is obvious from their solution is that they don't have the licencing in place to 'complete my bundle'. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I've just bought Batman 'The Dark Knight Rises' and then noticed I could have bought the Bundle!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.