Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does command f scroll to words automatically like other browsers?

When I press Command+F I see that the searched words are highlighted but when I hit the arrows it merely jumps to the next word without scrolling the page. This kind of makes searching a large website pointless, as I'll have to scroll through manually anyway's. Yes, it does highlight the word but I would think hitting the arrows next to the Find function would scroll to the words automatically. It is kind of surprising that all the other browsers have this function and Safari doesn't? UNLESS, something is wrong with my Safari? (I have trashed preferences, cleaned cache, restarted Safari, you know all the basic protocol).

Hope someone can help me with this question.

Thanks a bunch.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:55 AM

7 replies

Nov 23, 2013 3:43 PM in response to CT

It certainly appears to be broken on my macbook, ever since I ugraded to 6.1. I use the Find command regularly, and have been for years.

Now what seems to happen, is when I try to use the Find command for the first time in a browser window, it works normally, and I can search multiple times for different words on the same page.

Now, if I go to another page, then swipe back to any previous page in my history, then things start to go screwy. At this point, after swiping back to a previous page, if I use the Find command again, it doesn't work properly, and I can no longer scroll up and down on that page and none of the links work, and I have to open a new browser window or tab for it to work properly again.

Does command f scroll to words automatically like other browsers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.