Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro with Retina Wifi/Bluetooth shortcoming?

MBPr : 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB Flash

Delivered less than a week ago (December 6, 2012). The Wifi indicator maintains full bars but is constantly "looking for networks" at 10 second intervals, regardless of router proximity. It is most noticable when streaming media/downloading/video conferencing and i'm sure for many of you, playing games online. The issue becomes much more unbearable when bluetooth is activated,.... yatta yatta yatta. THE ROUTER IS FINE, THE INTERNET IS FINE. This is the only infirm computer we own. Let's all just agree that a work around is unacceptable for a $2,500+ laptop.

Clearly, there are many of us, perhaps millions, who have been dealing with Apple, Inc.'s MBPr's wifi/bluetooth fail.

With that said, please do not write, "OMG! i'm totally having this same problem guys! i'm so upset! are we friends now? what do we do? can we do it together?!" There is enough of this, it clutters the forum with uselessness, so please refrain.

Questions that need answering:

1) Is this a hardware or a software malfunction? Says who?

2) Has Apple, Inc. done anything to address or even acknowledge this issue "on the record"? (seeing as numerous posts date from MBPr's innitial release months ago)

3) Is anyone with a MBPr NOT having ANY issues with Wifi/Bluetooth out of the box?

4) Will there be an official fix within 7 days?

PLEASE ONLY ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

I will be taking this into the "Genius" bar this week. If they are unable to fix it on the spot, I will be returning it then and there. Along with my "magic" mouse.

As this was our first consideration of Apple products, I have to say i'm not surprised or disappointed. but I secretly hoped I wouldn't have to say "I told you so"

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 1:36 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro with Retina Wifi/Bluetooth shortcoming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.