Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover accidentally deleted music from iCloud

Hello,

Just a few minutes ago I was cleaning my iTunes Library, using the new iTunes 11 interface, and I deleted by accident an album from iCloud. Now I cannot redownload it! I lost it forever?????

I selected the album > Cmd+A for selecting all the songs > "Delete" ("Delete from iCloud" unselected). As the album was there yet (I didn't notice the iCloud icon on the corner), I used Cmd+Back again, and deleted it. But this time I deleted it from iCloud!!!!

Please, is there a way to restore this purchased music? On iTunes Store on the iPad it says "Album purchased", but I cannot download… 😟

Thank you in advanced for your help.

Miguel.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 4:39 PM

15 replies

Feb 17, 2017 4:02 AM in response to Yourenottheonly1

I have accidentally deleted an album from my iPhone. Because I also have Match, it has deleted the album from my PC, and all other linked devices too.

I have hunted hi and low for answers as to how to get back the album which was purchased from the iTunes store, and yes I still have the confirmation e-mail to show I paid for it.

I have tried the usual going to the (More, Purchased, Music, Not on this iPhone) but no joy. I also tried the iTunes PC app, Family Purchases etc. also no Joy. The album shows up in the iTunes store as having been purchased, but I do not seem to be able to redownload the album.

Any help would be really appreciated.

User uploaded file

Dec 18, 2012 3:15 AM in response to gr0uch0mars

Hi mate,

Just had the same issue.

All fixed now : )

I am assuming that we have had the same problem.. Accidently deledting music from iCloud?

On your desktop:

Go to 'iTunes Store',' Account',

Under 'iTunes in the Cloud' (section) there should be something about hidden songs or purchases.

Go in there and select the purchases to 'un hide'.

Then go to 'iTunes Store',' Purchases'- They should be available for download : )

Enjoy!

Dec 19, 2012 8:05 PM in response to imacash

Ah, actually I do see all of my purchases still there which is good, and none look like they are hidden. It seems somehow when I go to my library and look at my music that I'm only seeing my local tunes, nothing via the cloud is showing up with a download arrow stating it is streamable. Maybe somehow I've hidden cloud tunes from my library music view?

Dec 19, 2012 8:55 PM in response to res0nat0r

Pretty much, You can download your purchases via 'Purchases' in iTunes (from the cloud).

Your library I believe is all local, You would have to download your 'Purchases' in order for them to be available to play on your device.

I am not too sure about the streaming part... What device are you using? Desktop Right?

Have a look through preferences etc,

Dec 19, 2012 8:59 PM in response to imacash

Actually I was able to fix it thanks 🙂. It looks like my iTunes prefs got messed up somehow. I Deleted all of my iTunes dir and restarted the app and my cloud purchases show up in my music list again. Now I can just drag my local mp3s into itunes and they will get re-indexed.

Also the good thing is I can actually just stream my past iTunes purchases in addition to downloading them, that way I can save space if needed.

You should see the cloud icon in the top right corner of your album view if it is available via iCloud, and if you click play it will stream. If you want to download you just click the cloud down arrow icon to copy it locally, so you have the option for both.

Jan 24, 2016 2:25 AM in response to gr0uch0mars

BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!

I was in this same boat and desperate as all ****. so i gave up on all the forums and webposts. i went the artist itunes page in the app and was going to click on the album i needed songs back from, when out of the corner of my eye i saw the song in the "suggested songs by this artist" area. and it had the dollar amount next to it instead of the word "purchased". So i clicked it and it said " you have already purchased this song, do you wish to redownload it. and i clicked **** "yes". And the song immediately began to download and is in my music once again.

Recover accidentally deleted music from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.