Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accept incoming connections iTunes 11

I installed Mountain Lion and this problem persists from Snow Leopard.

With iTunes 11. Everything was working ok, until I reconnected Apple TV. A second later the message reappeared.

I hope someone knows how to fix this. Apple Tv needs to be identified in the firewall. How can I add the Apple TV to the iMac firewall ???

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 4 GB 800 Mhz

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:16 PM

10 replies

Dec 11, 2012 3:19 PM in response to Pedro Santos

I found this

http://www.mikesel.info/fixed-do-you-want-the-application-itunes-app-to-accept-i ncoming-network-connections/

It solved my problem. Deleted all the files. For me was more than 80 files in the iTunes contents

But do not know what repercussions will have in the future.

If someone can enlighten me, it will be appreciated.

Now when I open the terminal and type the message :

codesign -v /Applications/iTunes.app

There is no answer, the reply is only my username

Jan 3, 2013 12:23 PM in response to Pedro Santos

I too was also having this problem. I came across several posts that suggested to go to the terminal, type in the codesign command and delete the files. Problem is nobody said where the files where to be found. Until this solution. So since I didn't know how to find the files I looked for other solution. Several people suggested dragging itunes to the trash and reinstalling iTunes. Unfortunately those were old posts and you can no longer drag iTunes to the trash.

So I found a solution on how to delete iTunes. I will put it as simply as I can because I know how frustrating it can be when it is assumed you know how to do something.

First open the Terminal program, located in Applications/Utilities folder.

At the prompt type cd /Applications/

Then type the command sudo rm -rf iTunes.app/

Next ktype in your password

Now go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and download the installer and install iTunes.

This solution worked for me.

I can't say whether the codesign deleting files solution would work since I found this answer that shows where to find the files to delete after I resolved the issue.

Dec 31, 2013 11:07 PM in response to brandofromlondon

Actually, I don't have this problem on Mavericks. You can also check your music repository path by click on menu bar, iTunes > Preferences , select "Advanced", and then you will see "iTunes Media folder localtion". In the field, you see something like the picture below. Try to looking into that path from the "Finder", then you can backup the folder. This method, I think the one way to backup your music. And then you can try the solution from "s49".

Hope this help. 🙂

User uploaded file

Accept incoming connections iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.