Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Successfully Got Old Tunes Back--But How to Keep it That Way?...

Like some, the new Itunes 11 was complicating my use of a program (Itunes) that I really like and have used daily for years--the new Itunes was driving me nuts. After trial and error and following suggestions from other users here, I was able to get Itunes 10 back. Two hours later (and after making sure that my Itunes Preferences is not set to update automatically), Itunes has tried to update/install Itunes 11 a couple of times. Those updates initially appeared as general updates to my MAC, but I looked at them before accepting and discovered that they were Itunes 11 upgrades.

Can anyone one recommend any safeguards to making sure that I don't accidentally upgrade to Itunes 11? Maybe I have to remain cautious toward any type of updates my MAC wants to do and deny additional attempts it may want to make to Itunes 11. It just seems unfortunate that Apple seems to be forcing the new (and very confusing) Itunes on its users...

thx for any thoughts. Don

MacBook Pro, First Mac

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 6:45 PM

2 replies

Successfully Got Old Tunes Back--But How to Keep it That Way?...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.