Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clicking on Background Tasks causes instant crash

I posted earlier about my 2010 Mac Pro and in FCPX 10.0.6 if I click on the Background Task (just to left of time counter / timecode) I get an instant blue-screen for less than a half of a second and then I'm back to my desktop! It's instantaneous!

When it happened I was inporting 1080p24 from my CF reader and I had asked checked "Optimize Media" so I wanted to check in and see the progress of the 5DmkII HD footage being encoded to Apple ProRes, but the crash was so fast - like catching the downhill edge on a snowboard... anyway, now when I boot up my Mac Pro, also a new issue - possibly related?!?! - the fan is running louder than ever before - I think it is running wide opne full-blast!

What is happening to my faithful Mac Pro? What is happeneing to FCPX??

FCPX 10.0.6

MacPro5,1 (2010 2.8GHz Quad Core)

OSX 10.6.8 (I'm on Lion because I need to keep FCP7 on for legacy freelance projects).

8GB 1066MHz RAM

note: I've been stable for a long time now, and haven't loaded anything new including the most recent FCPX update tyhat came out last week; 10.0.7

Please help.

Thanks,

Stephen

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:35 PM

There are no replies.

clicking on Background Tasks causes instant crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.