Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion WiFi

Hi all, hope you can help.

After updating to Mountain Lion, I've had WiFi drop issues - common it seems - but these seem to have escalated to the point where Finder & WiFi can't live together so at times, the computer is virtually unusable.

If I try to open a file or folder when WiFi is on, the beach ball appears and it takes a minute or two fo r the file/folder to open.

With WiFi off, files & folders open as they should. In safe mode, WiFi & Finder work ok together, although the whole computer runs a little laggy.

It seems a little better on a separate really slow wifi network we have, but that network is a little too slow to use.

I bought a new router in case that was the issue but it wasnt. Other devices & PCs in the office work fine on the same network.

I'm not technical ⚠ - I use the iMac for business & it's causing me some real issues.

Anyone here seen such a WiFi / Finder issue & resolved it?

I've a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 12GB 1333 MHz DDR3 iMac running 10.8.2

Many thanks in advance for your expertise,

Haider

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 1:45 AM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2012 12:18 PM in response to Haider

Unfortunately this is the pain of updating. If you have non-Apple hardware routing your wireless packets, it needs to be kept up to date with the operating system when updating. It probably has firmware that is out of date. Being non-technical I know this can be iffy, but you probably should just recover your backup and stay with the old operating system until you know all your hardware and software is up to date.

Mountain Lion WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.