Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a mail server without SMTP authentification. Which is the right one? Or how to configure OSX Lions Mailserver?

Hello folks,

our HP Scanner with email delivery is one the most used pieces of hardware in our office. Just scan and get delivered to your inbox. That works easy and perfect.

Unfortunately we had to change our standard mail server and now a prerequsisite is the smtp authentification. But the HP admin interface on the scanner does not allow to enter smtp auth credentials. It only supports smtp delivery without username/password. Now I have a serious problem. I cannot find any external provider that supports smtp mail delivery without smtp authentification (against spam of course, I understand that).

I have a OSX Lion Server running as a file server in our network. But I have no clue if there's a way to use it's mailserver without smtp auth.

Is there anyone who can help me out?

Cheers,

Joo-Chen

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 12:45 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2012 1:15 AM in response to Joo-Chen

I have a OSX Lion Server running as a file server in our network. But I have no clue if there's a way to use it's mailserver without smtp auth.

Sure. Turn it on.

The default mode is to not require authentication. You have to turn on authentication if you want it.

Changing authentication on/off is a matter of clicking a radio button.

I need a mail server without SMTP authentification. Which is the right one? Or how to configure OSX Lions Mailserver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.