Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11: Do you want the application “iTunes.app” to accept incoming network connections?

Hi,

User uploaded file

This alert appears every at startup. It's annoying me...

I tried re-install itunes, delete Firewall settings on Security and Privacy preferences, but nothing change.

User uploaded file

I don't want to off the firewall.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 12:31 AM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2012 4:39 AM in response to Katayanagi

Hi, all. Thanks for many replies.

I report this alert issue is fixed by uninstall and reinstall iTunes.

In my case:

1. Delete iTunes via the Terminal

I refered "Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion - OS X Daily" page.

On Terminal, type the following commands.

$ killall iTunes

$ killall "iTunes Helper"

$ sudo rm -rf /Applications/iTunes.app/

At first I tried to delete iTunes via Finder, change Privilege "everyone" to "Read & Write", but I could not delete iTunes. I saw "iTunes.app" can't be modified or delete..." message.

2. Reinstall iTunes

After uninstall and reinstall, about 5-6 times restart my Mac, this annoying alert has gone away.

Thanks all.

Dec 13, 2012 6:38 PM in response to Katayanagi

Hi. I posted a similar thread about this problem. I found a fix.

Evidently there is a bug where if you upgrade iTunes to iTunes 11 from ANY VERSION prior to iTunes 10.7 you can develop this bug. It was only affecting me because Software Update was giving my iTunes 10.6.3 and then telling me to upgrade to 10.7. Which caused this bug by skipping 10.7. You need to have 10.7 to avoid many (This one included) bugs in iTunes 11. Evidently it has a lot to do with the 64 bit software architecture.

I fixed it by uninstalling iTunes 11. I downloaded 10.6.3 (Super stable) and put all my music back into that and setup my iOS devices. I then installed 10.7 (Which can be found via a simple google search for a link) and restarted. Then I downloaded VIA the iTunes Webpage (NOT SOFTWARE UPDATE) iTunes 11. No problems.

Dec 14, 2012 3:58 AM in response to Katayanagi

OK - uninstall (using above commands) and reinstall worked for me also.

I would clarify that I had to download iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ not from the Mac App Store.

Also, I didn't have to do anything with my media - the reinstalled iTunes launched direct to my existing library (I did take a Time Machine back-up first as I am always paranoid about these things!)

It's a shame the solution requires delving in to Terminal, this seems to go against Apple's "It Just Works" ethos, but I am glad to be rid of this annoying message, so thank you @Katayanagi and @kilima!

iTunes 11: Do you want the application “iTunes.app” to accept incoming network connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.