Have OSX server (all updates installed) running, mainly for Wiki and Filesharing access.
Added a Calendar so to use Free / Busy times, resources / locations, etc. Works fine on iPhone & iPad, and OS X (MacBook) but I'm trying to link a user that has a BB Playbook.
In the Accounts section of the BB PB I use Advanced Setup to select a CalDav account. Where this differs from the iOS / OSX devices is that I'm asked for an email address. So I enter the users registered email address, all other details as per the iOS devices - but it comes back with that either the server is offline or the settings are incorrect.
Has anyone any advice on how to get round this issue?
Do you see any requests from the Playbook hitting your server when you try to configure the account? Look in /var/log/caldavd/access.log.
Are there separate fields for entering user name and server address? Is your CalDAV server on hosted on a machine with a DNS name that is the same as your email domain (e.g. example.com vs calendar.example.com)?
What I can see from the error logs is:
09:10:29+0000 [Uninitialized] [twistedcaldav.mail.IMAP4DownloadFactory#error] IMAP factory connection failed
2012-12-11 09:10:59+0000 [-] [mailgateway] 2012-12-11 09:10:59+0000 [Uninitialized] [twistedcaldav.mail.IMAP4DownloadFactory#error] IMAP factory connection failed
2012-12-11 09:11:29+0000 [-] [mailgateway] 2012-12-11 09:11:29+0000 [Uninitialized] [twistedcaldav.mail.IMAP4DownloadFactory#error] IMAP factory connection failed
The only things in the access logs are succesful iOS actions.
My server is a Mac Mini running OSX Server. It uses a no-ip redirect, which doesn't prove a problem for the iOS / OSX devices. I have tried accessing via IP address whilst on the LAN as well.
The setup is such that I am only running Wiki, file sharing and Time Machine. I added calendar so that we could share events and see what we are all doing without the need to permanently share our iOS / OSX calendars.
Thanks - it would appear that the PlayBook is using a non-standard configuration!
Every other device just seems to link. So I try all the defaults - but nothing seems to get it to work. iPad and iPhone all work first time. Windows Phones will only link to email account calendars (Google / Live), looks like Android will work through various apps.
Thankfully most users use OS X or iOS devices!
Will look if I can sync with Google Calendar from the server...