Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone sync problems

As we all know, WiFi sync is simply not stable on iTunes. One minute my iPhone 5 and iPad mini both show up...the next time I look one of them will not be there (and they're both within ten feet of the AirPort Express.

I use a MacBook Air which only has two USB ports and with one of them taken up for my monitor, that leaves only one. Every thing Apple sells seems to damand it's own dedicated USB port but this just isn't possible without a USB hub...and every hub I've tried doesn't work well for synching the iPhone or iPad. Maybe I haven't tried the right hub yet and just wondered if there are any out there that work? The few I've tried are both USB 2.0 and 3.0...but still no luck. Any help appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 8:16 AM

2 replies

Dec 10, 2012 8:42 AM in response to woodmeister50

Your Belkin is one I've already tried...but it it didn't support charging of the iPad (read the manufacturer notes at the bottome of this page in the Apple Store where they sell it: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6397VC/A)(

But I now have an iPad mini which has the same charger as the iPhone, so perhaps I should try this again as it might work with the mini.

iPhone sync problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.