3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 12:51 AM by Barney108
27ahcsad Level 1 (0 points)

Turning on Garageband Airplay turns off audio input so I can't hear my electric guitar via my bluetooth speaker.  I know I can wire my speaker to my ipad but I don't want to.  Any help?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1
  • Barney108 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here. I use IPhone 4S and Apogee JAM. I can play through headphones if "Monitor" is set to "ON", but if I switch on Bluetooth and connect to my Logitech/Phillips Sond System, GB freezes up.

• Edgar Level 4 (2,785 points)

Did you notice the alert window that Audio inputs are dialed when using Airplay or Bluetooth? This window pops up when you turn Airply - Bluetooth on. So the behavior/restriction is normal

Airplay.png

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

• Barney108 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks Edgar!

...in fact, I haven't noticed it, because I used to connect to the Bluetooth speakers via system settings. When connecting through system settings, no dialog shows up and returning to Garage Band gives You a "freeze" in the current amp-mode with all dials removed (just showing background "tolex").

Anyway: If disabling audio inputs is normal, there is no need to look for a fix. Just get an cable instead.

Does anybody know the reason for this? Possible HF-interferences with the JAM?