Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning on Garageband Airplay turns off audio input for guitar

Turning on Garageband Airplay turns off audio input so I can't hear my electric guitar via my bluetooth speaker. I know I can wire my speaker to my ipad but I don't want to. Any help?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 9:38 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2012 3:03 PM in response to 27ahcsad

Did you notice the alert window that Audio inputs are dialed when using Airplay or Bluetooth? This window pops up when you turn Airply - Bluetooth on. So the behavior/restriction is normal

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Dec 14, 2012 12:51 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Thanks Edgar!

...in fact, I haven't noticed it, because I used to connect to the Bluetooth speakers via system settings. When connecting through system settings, no dialog shows up and returning to Garage Band gives You a "freeze" in the current amp-mode with all dials removed (just showing background "tolex").

Anyway: If disabling audio inputs is normal, there is no need to look for a fix. Just get an cable instead.

Does anybody know the reason for this? Possible HF-interferences with the JAM?

Turning on Garageband Airplay turns off audio input for guitar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.