Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers will not respond

I have a mac air using OS X version 10.8.2

I have keep all of my apps updated. I have no current updates that need to be made. I was using Numbers today and it was just left open from a previous session. I "shared" a file by hitting share and email. She could not get the file to open. So I tried to email it to her again thinking I did something wrong because the file seemed incomplete. I saved my current numbers project. I closed my numbers app and then tried to re-launch it. The color wheel came on. I did a force close and reboot. I tried to open numbers again and the color wheel came on. I looked up the activity moniter and numbers shows open - but not responding.

I have tried rebooting and force closing. It will show my recent files but will not let me access anything in numbers. It is completely unresponsive. Please help!

Thanks ~

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 10:28 AM

Try removing the preferences for Numbers in your user space by navigating to the folder:

"/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences"

quit Numbers

then location the file:

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist

and move it to desktop (just in case this is not the problem).

start Numbers

3 replies

Numbers will not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.