7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 10:32 PM by usacomvio Branched to a new discussion.
usacomvio Level 1 (0 points)

Hello Can anybody please guide me I have installed a screen guard on the Macbbok Pro Late 2011 model I was told by an Apple guy that I can remove my screen guard and use it normally I would like to know whether the keyboard leaves a mark on my screen when I close the macbook pro lid if I remove the screen guard The Apple guy told me that if I remove the screen guard the keyboard will not leave any mark on the screen on my macbook pro Please can I remove my screen guard I want to remove it and use my Macbook pro in a free way I dont like to put the screen guard Please help me I am stuck out with this Thank you for the replies

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Lion
  • dominic23 Level 8 (37,723 points)

I do not use a Screen Guard. I have not seen any keyboard mark on this computer screen.

Screen Guard is an optional thing.

Use the computer without any screen guard for a while and see it for yourself.

Best.

• sanjampet Level 5 (7,760 points)

I've never used a screen guard, and occasionally I will see some key marks which I attribute to oil from my fingers on the screen. Using a product like Clean it, or an eyeglass cleaner designed for coated lense glasses has always removed it completly. Nothing permanent.

• usacomvio Level 1 (0 points)

Hi this is usacomvio I was greatly helped by your valuable suggestion But I still have some doubts as to whether I can manually remove my screen guard from my Macbook Pro Late 2011 model Can you please send me any link on the website which can confirm me that this model of my Macbook Pro does not leave any keyboard marks on the screen Thanks a lot for your reply

• cbs20 Level 4 (2,785 points)

If a screen guard was required to prevent scratches by the built in keyboard the computer would ship with one and it would be a requirement. If Apple made a computer that its built in keyboard scratched the display when it was closed and no screen guard was provided then there would be a ton of ****** off customers with scratched displays. Use google to do your own search, stop being lazy.

• Courcoul Level 6 (12,970 points)

Only time a screenguard was ever truly needed on a Mac portable was when the first metal model came out, the Titanium PowerBook. Due to a design goofup, the screen to body separation when closed was too little and the keys would actually touch the screen when closed, Since LCDs were all matte/anti-glare in those days, this lead to an imprinting of the key shapes onto the finish, as well as finger grease transfer. And we all started the tradition of the screenguard. Those days are long past.

As to removing a stuck-on film on a modern Mac display, first question to ask is whether the display has anti-glare finish. If yes and the film has been stuck too long, removal will be impossible without irreversible damage.

Else this will be a prime example of the wisdom of the old saying "patience is a virtue".

• dominic23 Level 8 (37,723 points)

Courcoul's advice stands.

"As to removing a stuck-on film on a modern Mac display, first question to ask is whether the display has anti-glare finish. If yes and the film has been stuck too long, removal will be impossible without irreversible damage."

I googled it and could not find a single reference to removing properly a non-deposable screen guard.

May be the screen guard manufacturer's site has some instructions.

Best.

• usacomvio Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks a lot I will take your suggestion and try to find out by calling Apple support community