Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt screen keeps falling out but appears working

Hi everyone,

I have this huge problem with my Thunderbolt screen for over a few months. I hope anyone can help me because apple stores can't help m

My screen randomly turns itself off. Sometimes every 30 minutes, sometimes after a week. My computer still works, only the screen turns black. The only way i can get it back up is to unplug it and turn the power off. Then i'm ok again. Occasionaly it also loses brightness all of the suden. What i tried so far:

- I allready tested my thunderbolt screen on a friends computer and it works perfect

- checked every update

- called Apple but they said i had to bring my computer. I need my laptop every day and i can't miss it for a week and get it back with a clean instal.

I must say i'm very disappointed. I payed over 2800 euro's for a new laptop with thunderbolt screen and all i got is frustrations and no help from apple.

Thunderbolt Display (27-inch), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 12:40 PM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2012 2:41 AM in response to BramDV

I must say i'm very disappointed. I payed over 2800 euro's for a new laptop with thunderbolt screen and all i got is frustrations and no help from apple.

Well, they did offer you help, only they'll need to get "hands on". Considering your investment, it's worth a trip to the nearest Apple store or service center, I'd say. Especially if it's unclear what causes your trouble... keep in mind that it could well be "user-inflicted" as well...

For as long as the latter point is unclear, you'll have to admit that you have no reason to complain or similar.

Thunderbolt screen keeps falling out but appears working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.