Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio: 1st-Play menu buttons not "clickable" ...

hi Folks,

Using DVD Studio Pro 4.1.2 ... creating my first complex build; I have one "first play" menu,

offering 3 choices (via buttons), that lead to 2 sub-menu's or a 1st track choice.

I embedded a 5-min audio clip to play behind the "1st-play" menu, which I did get to work.

When I simulate the compilation, all buttons on all menus work fine.

When I burned the compilation to DVD, none of the 3 buttons on my first play

menu worked. None seem "clickable" while the music plays, hovering over

any with the mouse did not change the shape of the pointer, as is is expected.

Is there something in the playing of music that might be screwing up the

linking ability of the button?

Seems that once the music stopped, I could somehow get into one of the sub-menu's

playing the DVD on my iMac, playing it on a PC, nothing worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks

DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac, 4G Ram Quad Intel 2011

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 2:13 PM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2012 7:47 PM in response to Inscapes

Tried Gary's suggestion, dropped in a 3-second black movie (.mov, rendered in FCE - not a graphic) for the 'first-play' menu, which is set to jump the 'main' menu with the 3 choices and the music in the background. It gets to the 2nd menu, but the 2nd menu buttons are also not clickable (again) in the final burn. They ARE in the simulation.

a little frustrated by my Mac world on this one, I sent my AC3 & M2V streams over to my PC - but these files - at least the M2V portions,(rendered by compressor) are not readable and bring up arcane error messages in both my DVD authoring programs on the PC (DVD Architect Studio & DVD Lab Pro). That's a different game altogether, though.

anyway, still wasting DVDs and no answer yet..

thanks for all attempts ...

Dec 11, 2012 7:46 AM in response to Inscapes

First, you shouldn't be wasting dvd's. when you're ready, go to file: advanced burn: build. This will build the video_ts and audio_ts folders at a location of your choosing. While it's building, keep your eye on the log window to see if any errors come up. When it's done, use the apple dvd player to test the build. It's in your application folder. Just launch it and go to file: open dvd media.

DVD Studio: 1st-Play menu buttons not "clickable" ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.