Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic recognized by iTunes, but won't sync? (Windows 8)

iTunes recognizes it and I can go to the menu that displays the filled memory, options (enables disk use, sync only checked songs, etc.), and "sync" button. The iPod screen says that it is connected and charging, and it does not freeze. The computer doesn't have any issues; iTunes (11.0.0.163) doesn't crash or anything.

Everything seems fine, but when I click the "sync" button, nothing happens. I tried changing some settings and hitting "apply" instead to sync it, but that doesn't work either.

My computer is running Windows 8, and I've heard that some people have been having problems with using iTunes on this operating system. The only solution I've found is to make sure disk use is enabled, but that hasn't worked for me (it seems to only apply to newer models of iPod, not my Classic). I honestly don't know what I'll do if Windows 8 is incompatible with Classics because I just spent a lot of money on the iPod and this is the only computer I can use!

I'd love some help with this. Solutions are preferable of course, but even if you can just identify whether this is a problem with me/my computer or with Apple vs Windows, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks

iPod classic, Other OS

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 3:14 PM

3 replies

iPod Classic recognized by iTunes, but won't sync? (Windows 8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.