Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Friends can't download my iTunes gift

Last weekend I bought two albuns (different albuns for different people) through iTunes. Their account is about the same country as mine and they also have updated their iTunes to 11.0 version.

When they click on the link "redeem now" emailed by Apple, the link takes them to the iTunes 11 download page. It goes on and on everytime they both click.

Don't know if it helps, but we are all running the iTunes through Windows 7.

Can anybody help me? What should each one do?

P.S.: Apple couldn't help me on the phone.

iTunes 11-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:06 PM

My daughter was given a gift album the other day and we had the same problem, 3 years later. It appeared to be a Chrome issue, the button from the email took us to a long redemption URL, but after a second or so we were redirected to the page to download iTunes. I managed to capture the original URL before the redirect and pasted it into Internet Explorer and was taken to the iTunes page where we could log in and it pasted a redemption code into the text field.

I've seen many other posts with basically the same problem, oddly enough one guy said it failed on IE but it worked on Chrome. So my advice is that as soon as you click the Redeem Now link and the browser comes up, hit Ctrl-C to copy the original URL. Then bring up a different browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, whatever works), paste the URL and see if it works there.

Can I just mention that I'm a professional software developer with 34 years of experience and I've been using PCs and Apples for as long as they have existed. I have never been more frustrated with a Piece Of Software than iTunes and the ecosystem behind it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 8:06 PM in response to jasonbaroni

My daughter was given a gift album the other day and we had the same problem, 3 years later. It appeared to be a Chrome issue, the button from the email took us to a long redemption URL, but after a second or so we were redirected to the page to download iTunes. I managed to capture the original URL before the redirect and pasted it into Internet Explorer and was taken to the iTunes page where we could log in and it pasted a redemption code into the text field.

I've seen many other posts with basically the same problem, oddly enough one guy said it failed on IE but it worked on Chrome. So my advice is that as soon as you click the Redeem Now link and the browser comes up, hit Ctrl-C to copy the original URL. Then bring up a different browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, whatever works), paste the URL and see if it works there.

Can I just mention that I'm a professional software developer with 34 years of experience and I've been using PCs and Apples for as long as they have existed. I have never been more frustrated with a Piece Of Software than iTunes and the ecosystem behind it.

Friends can't download my iTunes gift

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.