Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else not happy with Safari bookmark sync?

Am I the only one that thinks bookmark sync in Safari, using iCloud totally *****?

For one thing, it's not intuitive and in fact, very confusing. I've been trying to use bookmark sync between my Macs, iPhone and iPad for over a year now and I still can't for the life of me, get it to work properly or really clearly understand how it functions.

I get duplicate bookmarks on my computers and devices all the time, I've often completely deleted bookmarks by mistake and I edit bookmarks to my liking, only to find they don't sync or show up where they should on other computers. I have to resort to cutting and pasting between collections and bookmarks and still -- I have problems.

I've finally given up. Out of frustration, I now disable iCloud bookmark sync and manually enter bookmarks on each individual computer.

Apple needs to overhaul Safari's bookmark engine completely. It's primitive compared to Firefox and lacks a lot of features that browsers such as Chrome or Firefox have.

One thing I would love to see, would be a "bookmark" category in iCloud, that is a master "bookmark" file in the cloud that could be edited. This is what is downloaded and appears on all your Mac's and devices.

Anyhow, other than that -- love my Mac's and think Apple is doing a great job!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 6:01 PM

There are no replies.

Anyone else not happy with Safari bookmark sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.