Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get Bose Soundlink to work with iTunes 11

I have a Bose Soundlink speaker that connects via bluetooth. Prior to iTunes 11, the connection worked very well and reliably. Then iTunes 11...

Now, I can get the bluetooth to pair with the Soundlink but the music won't play. Click play, nothing. Click pause, nothing. Disconnect the Soundlink and the music starts playing through the computer speakers. Re-connect the Soundlink, iTunes locks up again. I've tried re-booting and powering off the Soundlink, manually re-connecting the bluetooth connection and still notta.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Also, anyone else feel like iTunes 11 is way more resource intensive? I'm constantly seeing the little rainbow swirl now when in iTunes as the computer bogs down. I don't recall this being the case in iTunes 10.x.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 5:47 PM

2 replies

Dec 10, 2012 5:50 PM in response to quiver11

I should clarify that when trying to play music when connected to the Bose, the music does not play at all. The song does not progress and the time on the song doesn't move. Disconnect and the song immediately starts playing. Re-connect and it stops, no audio but also no movement of the song itself.

Also, if I can play music on the Bose with my iPhone with no problem.

Jan 4, 2013 12:55 AM in response to quiver11

I am having the exact same problem with the Bose Soundlink II. I just bought this mobile speaker and was very happy with it for all of two or three days until the iTunes update. Hopefully Apple can sort out the relationship between my happy Bluetooth device and the rather grumpy iTunes 11.0.1. Please and thank you.

Can't get Bose Soundlink to work with iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.