Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image capture cannot detect Epson 10000XL over network.

I have an Epson Expression 10000XL scanner with an ethernet card, connected to an Airport Express, and then wirelessly to my iMac. The Epson Scan application detects the scanner and allows scanning to take place, but Image Capture does not detect the scanner. How do I also get Image Capture to detect my scanner wirelessly? Thank you.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Airport Express (802.11n)

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 7:54 PM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2012 5:20 PM in response to woglesby

Thanks for testing. So this confirms that there is a supporting driver. But with the scanner not appearing under the Shared section of Image Capture then it must not support a broadcasting protocol like Bonjour for Image Capture to see it. Does Epson state that this model supports Image Capture via a network connection?

Dec 11, 2012 6:42 PM in response to PAHU

At your suggestion, I called Epson and asked if my scanner were equipped to support Image Capture via a network connection. They said that my scanner would connect wirelessly to Epson Scan, but not to Image Capture; that was an Apple feature that I would need to call them about. So he gave me an Apple phone number, which I will have to call tomorrow. To answer your question in a word, Epson does not support Image Capture via a network. I will update you, if and when my call yields something to report. Thanks.

Dec 12, 2012 9:14 AM in response to woglesby

As promised, I called Apple this morning, and they said that Epson (not Apple) was responsible for providing the drivers for their scanners. Since I can connect my iMac and Epson scanner to all of my scanning applications through a USB connection, and can only connect wirelessly to Epson Scan, it follows that Epson provides only a driver to connect with their proprietary Epson Scan and no drivers for connecting to other scanning software, including Image Capture.

This looks like the end of my efforts to connect wirelessly to Image Capture. Thanks for your help, PAHU.

Image capture cannot detect Epson 10000XL over network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.